When it comes to gaming computer video cards, there are many good choices out there.
Gaming technologies are evolving at a great pace. They are becoming more demanding than ever so. So a card which is a great 1080p card now(running most games at ultra settings 1080p 60fps would become a mkre or less a med settings card for 60fps in. 2yrs time>>take for example the formidable gtx 1060 6gb)
- 11GB GDDR6
- CUDA Cores: 4352
- Display Connectors: DisplayPort, HDMI, USB Type-C
- Maximum Digital Resolution: 7680×4320
NVIDIA’s newest flagship graphics card, the GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti, is a revolution in gaming realism and performance. Its powerful NVIDIA Turing™ GPU architecture, breakthrough technologies, and 11 GB of next-gen, ultra-fast GDDR6 memory make it the world’s ultimate gaming GPU. The factory overclocked GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti Founders Edition graphics card features a next-gen 13-phase power supply for maximum overclocking and dual-axial 13-blade fans coupled with a new vapor chamber for ultra-cool and quiet performance. When it comes to next-gen gaming, it’s all about realism. GeForce RTX 2080 Ti is light years ahead of other cards, delivering truly unique real-time ray-tracing technologies for cutting-edge, hyper-realistic graphics.
If you are planning to keep your card for some years in the near future,maybe 3–4yrs and not Willing to tone your graphics settings anytime soon, then you will have to buy a card that is capable of great 1440p gaming at present. , Like the 5700xt ,2060S or the 5700, 2060 .If you want to play any game at high-ultra details at 60+fps @1080p now and don’t mind turning down settings to achieve that sweet 60fps smoothness in near future then you can go for a 1660ti / rx 5700xt or even the 1660 Super would suffice.
I wouldn’t recommend going anything below 1660(not the super ) , as you will curse yourself after about a year
Introducing the XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT Thicc III Ultra
- Introducing the new XFX thicc III Ultra 5700 XT. Built with style and dynamic cooling power in mind to yield lower temperatures and heightened performance that adapt to the intensity of the moment.
- Get the very best FPS The 5700 XT Series can deliver. Thanks to the 2 90mm fans and 100mm fan, The thick III Ultra stays cool and quiet, allowing you to achieve higher Boost Clocks.
- The XFX RX 5700 XT is built for high-performance and high resolution gameplay. Experience smooth gameplay performance at 1440P and 4K. With support for 8K you are ready for next-gen displays. See everything in mind blowing detail without sacrificing performance.
- Game clock speed is 2025MHz
XFX Zero DB Auto Load Sensing Fans
XFX fans are equipped to run at high performance, while our Zero DB Fan System will also keep your fans running at efficient RPM in order to minimize annoying fan noise by lowering RPM all the way down to Zero RPM. When the heat is on during intense gaming, our fans will speed up as needed
Ultra HD Support
The XFX RX 5700 XT is built for high-performance and high resolution gameplay. Experience smooth gameplay performance at 1440p and 4k.With support for 8k you are ready for Next-Gen displays. See everything in mind blowing detail without sacrificing performance.
AFFORDABLE GAMING GRAPHIC CARDS
My recommendation at present would be the GeForce 1660 Ti. It’s well price at about $250 as of now, and actually slightly outperforms the RTX 2060 – though it lacks raytracing support.
If you don’t care about raytracing, it’s a really good GPU for the money. You can run any current game at 60+ FPS in 1080p with high or better settings.
As an RTX owner, I do think raytracing is not worth the cost at present. Further, the RTX 2060 really struggles to keep the frames up with it on.
MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 192-bit HDMI/DP 6GB GDRR6 HDCP Support DirectX 12 Dual Fan VR Ready OC Graphics Card
- Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
- Boost Clock: 1830 MHz; Core Clocks: 1770 MHz
- Memory Interface: 192-bit
- Video Memory: 6GB GDDR6
- Output: DisplayPort x 3 (V1. 4)/ HDMI 2. 0B x 1
- RECOMMENDED PSU: 450 W.Power consumption:120 W
MSI Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 192-bit HDMI/DP 6GB GDRR6 HDCP Support DirectX 12 Dual Fan VR Ready OC Graphics Card (GTX 1660 TI Ventus XS 6G OC)
- Boost Clock / Memory Speed 1830 MHz / 12 Gbps
- 6GB GDDR6
- DisplayPort x 3 / HDMI x 1
TORX Fan 2.0
- Dispersion fan blade: Steep curved blade accelerating the airflow
- Traditional fan blade: Provides steady airflow to massive heat sink below
Afterburner Overclocking Utility
- Wireless control through Android/iOS devices.
- Predator: In-game video recording.
- Kombustor: DirectX12 benchmark.
NVIDIA G-SYNC and HDR
- Get smooth, tear-free gameplay at refresh rates up to 240 Hz, plus HDR, and more. This is the ultimate gaming display and the go-to equipment for enthusiast gamers.
Really the two questions are how much do you want to spend and what resolution you playing at.
$100–200 I still think the rx 580 8gb is the best gpu in this price range, you can buy used ones for just over $100. The 5500xt ($170 4gb $200 8gb) is about as fast as the 580 faster in some games and a little slower than the 590. The 1650 super ($190–200) is pretty power efficient and not a bad choice if you want nvidia but a 1660 is a better choice for just a bit over $200. And another great option for $200 is a used 1070, you can find models for as cheap as $200 off ebay and 1070ti’s for 250–270 and also vega 56. The 1660s is a better deal than the 1660ti at around $240 for a cheaper model. Now in the $350 range the 5700 is a very good gpu its faster than a 2060 and 2060S. Now in the 400–450 range you got the 5700xt and 2060 super and i fill the 5700xt is the better card and faster.
You can also find 2070 cards for close to 500 or under on sale. In the $500–580 range it’s pretty much the 2070 super and its a great option for 1440p gaming, but the radeon vii has been on sale for $500–550 and its a great workstation and gaming card with a crazy amount of vram 16gb’s. It is a card for somebody who likes to tinker and undervolt their cards and its a loud card without tuning. And another great option in the $500–550 range is a used 1080ti, you get 11gb’s vram and close to 2080 performance. The next step up its only the 2080 or 2080 super and if your getting a new card might as well buy a super unless you find a deal on a 2080. There’s not much difference in performance like the other super cards. It makes a great 1440p card or 3440×1440. And next we get to the best gaming card not counting the rtx titan the 2080ti its really the only card for 4k gaming in my opinion and I bought one for a 120hz 3440×1440 display and i love it. If i was gonna recommend a cpu and gpu it would probably be a 3600($190–200) or 2600($118) for the cpu, its crazy you can get a 6 core 12 thread cpu for $118. Now if you just want the most frames no matter the price the 8700k, 9700k and 9900k are the faster cpu’s for gaming hands down. As for gpu’s i would get a 5700xt or 2070S and a 1440p monitor with freesync because it works with nvidia and amd. But we might get freesync support with nvidia gpu’s in the future. If you want to play at 3440×1440 or higher i would recommend a 1080ti, 2080s, 2080ti or radeon vii if you want to go red team. But at 1080p which is still the most popular resolution by a long shot i would go rx 580 if you wanna go cheapest with best performance or a 1660S or a used 1070 if you can find one for $200. I probably skipped over a lot of things didnt give the vega 56 or 64 much love because thier overpriced used the only cards that are cheap are the reference models. People are asking way to much for the good model like the sapphire nitro’s and so on. And the prices are to close to a 5700.
Sapphire Radeon 11265-05-20G Pulse RX 580 8GB GDDR5 Dual HDMI/ DVI-D/ Dual DP OC with Backplate (UEFI) PCI-E Graphics Card Graphic Cards
- 2 x HDMI; 1 x DVI-D; 2 x DP
- 256-bit Memory Bus; Power Consumption: <225Watt
- Cooling Technology: Dual Fan. OS-Windows 10,7
- Boost Clock:1366 MHz
- High-polymer, aluminum capacitors offering outstanding reliability
About SAPPHIRE Technology
SAPPHIRE Technology has long been established as a manufacturer and world-wide supplier of graphics products for the PC sector. Its AMD Radeon based products are just as well known in the mainstream PC markets as they are to the gaming and performance graphics enthusiast. SAPPHIRE has expanded its reach to the Professional and Embedded market sectors.
- Core Clock (MHertz): 1506 in OC Mode and 1468 in Gaming Mode
- Low profile design with 150 mm card length; Power requirement: 300W
- Integrated with 2GB GDDR5 64bit memory
- One click overclocking via AORUS Graphics Engine
- Form Factor: Low Profile
About the brand
Founded in 1986, GIGABYTE is committed to providing solutions that make you life easier. Whether the product is laptop or a gaming machine, GIGABYTE offers innovative solutions for everything.
We are consumer oriented from the very beginning of product design to the end of value chain. With the focus on consumer needs, the delivery of customer experiences has been transformed into tangible and understood customer cares. Behind everything we do is a clear focus on what our customers value.